TG Group, Management Accountant – Ellesmere, Shropshire
An exciting opportunity for an ambitious qualified accountant to join our finance team in a key role through a period of systems improvement. For the right candidate, there could be career progression within 2-3 years.
JOB TITLE: Management Accountant
- To assist the Group Finance Manager and Group Financial Controller in all aspects of the running of the finance department. To ensure all statutory compliance, technical support and customer care is carried out in a professional manner.
- To prepare quarterly management accounts for group companies ready for review.
- To play a significant part in the implementation of new payroll and accounting software during 2022, assisting other staff in all areas of the finance department with new processes.
- To be the first point of contact for the external auditors during fieldwork.
- To update and then to take responsibility for maintaining the fixed asset register.
- To assist with timely reporting to HMRC and ONS.
- Any other duties as reasonably required.
- Computer literate, including enthusiasm to learn new systems is essential.
- An independent thinker with the ability to troubleshoot and suggest improvements to current systems.
- Flexible and highly organised, able to perform a varied workload.
- An effective communicator and ability to work individually and as a team member in a demanding environment.
- Previous experience within a payroll environment is not required, however an openness to gain experience in this area will be.
- Qualified ACA, ACCA or equivalent, would suit a newly qualified accountant and/or a first move into industry.
- Negotiable depending upon experience and qualifications.
- Company pension scheme.
- Staff discount throughout the TG Group.
- Hours Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5.00pm
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to Carla.Jackson@tggroup.co.uk