TG Group, IT Systems Administrator – Wood Lane, Ellesmere
Full time, Permanent contract
Salary negotiable based on experience & skills.
Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm
Tudor Griffiths Group are looking for a self-motivated, proactive IT Systems Administrator to manage and upgrade their software, hardware and networks with a variety of administrative tasks.
Reporting to the Group ICT Manager, the IT Systems Administrator needs to be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. This role requires the ability to communicate technical concerns and solutions to many different people with varying degrees of technical knowledge as well as work with individuals at all levels to help solve their technical issues. You will be supporting users across 18 sites based in Shropshire and North Wales. The IT Systems Administrator is also responsible for maintaining the company system infrastructure, including testing computer equipment, installing and updating various software/hardware, installing and rebuilding existing servers including reconfiguration. The role is vast in terms of exposure to IT skills and technologies due to the diversity of the company – no day will ever be the same!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain PC, Server Communications and associated equipment (Microsoft Server – AD, DHCP/DNS, Group Policy, Microsoft Exchange, Remote Desktop Server, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office)
- VMWare ESXi
- Backup systems and verify that backups have been completed
- Server and datacentre monitoring/Housekeeping/Helpdesk
- Hardware installation for Servers/Desktops/Laptops/Peripherals etc.
- Software installation, configuration and maintenance and keeping systems updated to comply with IT security policies
- Installation and replacement of networking equipment and patching
- Business information software support
- Supporting internal and external users and branches over 18 sites
- Telephone system support and administration
- CCTV configuration and footage retrieval
- Mobile phone/tablet configuration and support
- Purchase requisitions for IT repairs and upgrades
Qualifications & Experience Required
- 5 Year’s experience in a systems administrator and/or helpdesk role
- Experience with Windows for clients and servers (Windows 10 and 2012 Server onwards)
- Virtualisation concepts
- Lan technologies and networking
- Happy to get your hands dirty repairing laptops/desktops and printers etc.
- Good communicator at all levels
- Works well on their own or as a team in pressurised situations
- Must hold a Full UK Driving License and be prepared to travel to all group offices when required by the business. A company vehicle will be supplied when needed.
- Having a “can do” attitude and always willing to help
- Proactive and a passionate interest in technology
The Tudor Griffiths Group is one of the UK’s leading independent businesses in the supply of construction materials and building supplies, ready-mixed concrete, skip hire, waste management and recycling.
Please send your CV for consideration to email@example.com